Breakfast breakfast breakfast!
Yes, it is the most important meal of the day, our mothers were not lying to us! Breakfast itself has many important benefits to your health and not just kicking those annoying homeroom hunger pains!
Benefits of breakfast: Repeated studies have shown that having breakfast daily can help you have a more nutritionally diet, lower cholesterol, improve concentration and performance, and offers more strength and endurance during physical activity (source).
If you’re skipping breakfast then you might be missing out on more than you think and not just the chance to eat the best food known to humankind.
Side Effects of Skipping It: Skipping breakfast can lead to weight gain, menstrual irregularities, lowers ability to problem solve, grumpy moods, and even more physical side effects like: dizziness, headaches, low-sugar, and a rapid heart-rate (source)
So, you know that breakfast is good to eat but what DO you eat? If you’re stuck on what to eat for breakfast here are some healthy and yummy options to consider:
- oatmeal with skim milk (almond milk is yummy too!) & fresh blueberries
- whole wheat waffles with bananas & peanut-butter
- pancakes with sliced apples & yogurt
- eggs & a slice of toast with turkey bacon
- strawberry parfaits (or blueberry or both!) (recipe)
- sunrise sandwich with turkey,cheddar, and guacamole (recipe)
- Smoothies (50+ recipes)
- peanut butter on toast with fresh strawberries on top
Need more? Click here or here or here for more recipes!
Need vegan/vegetarian ideas? Click here or here or even here!
Remember that breakfast is always important and it can improve your academics, mental health, and a multitude of other things. Be sure to eat up to fuel your body daily!
~ Dani (little-miss-curvy)